It should come as no surprise that What Not To Wear is one of my favorite shows … I mean I do work for Stacy London’s Style for Hire network! Watching people being transformed into a better version of themselves is really what gets me going. The fashion part of the show is what I relate to the most but I also love seeing Carmindy and Ted work their magic through hair and makeup.
Carmindy and Ted make beauty simple, approachable, and most importantly – easy. So I am super-happy to bring you beauty tips from those very experts. Today I have some awesome summer makeup tips from the one and only Carmindy, coupled with some of my favorite product recommendations to go with.
• In hot weather, switch to powder shadows and blushes that won’t melt off your face like creams will.
• Use waterproof eyeliners and mascaras to keep from smudging in hot weather.
• Keep tinted lip balm with SPF handy to keep lips moist and soft in the heat.
• Add a few drops of liquid bronzer or a foundation a few shades deeper to your usual foundation to match your new (self-tanner) skin tone.
• Keep blotting papers handy at all times to absorb oil and shine.
• Stay away from dark eyes and lips and opt for corals and pinks to play up tanner skin.
• To apply powder bronzer correctly sweep it on the temples, along the sides of the face and under the cheekbones for a faux glow that natural contours your face.
WHAT NOT TO WEAR airs on Tuesdays at 9PM ET/PT on TLC