This morning I got to go to a super-cool event at the brand new TJ Maxx in Glendale. It was an event that only 15 bloggers from all over the US were invited to … and I was one of them. Let me start by saying, I LOVE TJ Maxx. Always have and always will. So I really didn’t need any convincing at this event that (as I call it) “The Teej” is freaking cool. BUT I know a lot if people have a negative image of TJ Maxx, so let me go ahead and spit out some of the great stuff that I learned … and then I’ll tell you what I bought 🙂
I’ll make this easy with bullets cause lets face it, we all secretly hate reading and just want to get to the point.
– TJ Maxx does not carry messed up or off season merchandise. Many of the products are the same exact products for less that are available right now in department stores. We saw a Michael Kors dress today that was somewhere in the $200 family and was at TJ Maxx for $39.99. Same thing with a great DKNY dress. SAME product for MUCH less.
– If you don’t see your size on the floor at TJ Maxx or Marshalls, as the manager if they have it in the back because not everything is out on the floor.
– TJ Maxx has some BOMB ass brands. For real. Today I saw DVF, Valentino, Gucci, LaRok, Catherina Malandrino, designer denim, Burberry … the list goes on.
– TJ Maxx buyers are on the road 40 weeks of out the year, which means new stuff ALL the time … you can find new products there every week.
After we learned how and why TJ Maxx (and Marshalls) are such good deals. We learned a little bit about some fall trends by style expert Alison Deyette. Here is what is on the radar as far as fall trends go from “The Teej”:
– The Boyfriend Blazer (I am wearing one today)
– Bomber Jacket (bought one today at TJ Maxx)
– Pencil Skirt
– Slouchy Boots
– Accessories like bold jewelry, scarves, and shoulder bags
Well, that’s enough schooling. I think we all get it right? Its a damn recession and we need to start shopping smarter and clearly, places like TJ Maxx and Marshalls are great options. I mean, how many times have I told you all this? I swear I preach it on every single bargain related question I get asked.
What TJ Maxx event would be complete without a little shopping? We all got to shop at the end before the store opened. Here is what I got:
– A SUPER cute bomber jacket for $29.99
– A plaid flannel button down for $12.99
– Giant silver ring that covers 3/4 of my finger, so awesome … for $19.99
All in all a perfect little morning.