iVillage turned to your Kitty for her expertise on tights for Fall 2008. Check out the complete story here>>
– Gossip Girl: The fall 2008 shows in New York and Los Angeles were clearly inspired by Gossip Girl, which looks rely heavily on hosiery. Lots of bright colored legs walked down the runway – especially purple and red. The Gossip Girl schoolgirl look is also inspiring knee high and over the knee socks as well. If you are really daring you can layer the socks over a pair of bright tights.
– Rodarte: Their Fall 2008 collection went wild with knit tights. The look was a distressed high-fashion fishnet, which will be perfect for women who can’t handle the preppy Gossip Girl look.
– Colored Tights: Red, purple, bright blue, hot pink colors are great colors to wear on your legs. Make sure the tights are opaque; it will make for a better punch of color.
– The “New” Fishnet: Fishnets will always be in style but for fall 2008 we will see a new breed of fishnets. These new fishnets will be made of yarn-like material, cut in “wider nets”, and will come in different colors.
– Patterned Tights: Let your legs be your accessory with patterned tights. Flowers, paisley, checks, stripes, and more. Pair these wild tights with something plain or mix and match with patterned outfits for a more bohemian look.
– Leather Leggings: Leggings aren’t going anywhere! They are even rumored to be more popular than jeans this fall. This pair called Black Rats by Sass & Bide is my personal favorite- http://www.thisnext.com/item/3CFB7B4D/Sass-Bide-Black-Rat-leggings
Hot brands/ sites:
– Hue (http://www.hue.com/)
– Look from London (http://www.lookfromlondon.com/)
– We Love Colors (http://www.welovecolors.com/)
– My Tights (http://www.mytights.com/)
– Celeste Stein (http://www.celestestein.com)
See more of my Trend Alert: Patterned & Colorful Tights for Fall list at ThisNext.