It was 93 degrees in LA yesterday. 93 degrees! It was like 60 degrees the day before. Needless to say it was a shock to the system. The sudden shift from winter to spring really got me thinking about transition and how necessary it is to make a seasonal switch.
Swapping out your winter fashion and beauty products from their lighter, springier counter parts not only helps you look good – it actually feels good too.
I started my seasonal switch with my beauty products (clothes will come later). I shopped for a few new goodies at good old Target and I purged quite a few things too. Here are 12 tips to help you make that seasonal switch as well as a few of my favorite beauty things for spring.
1. Toss out your old and expired beauty products. If you can’t remember the last time you used it, then it needs to go into the trash.
2. Invest in a bright new lip color. Deep reds and brown based lip shades are oh-so-winter. Corals, bright pinks, and nudes are best for spring.
3. Brighten up your blush. Nothing says spring like a bright pop of pink.
4. Get some bronzer. Not completely sun-kissed yet? Fake it with a swipe or two of bronzer.
5. Try a new scent – something lighter and more carefree than your winter fragrance.
6. Switch up your body wash. Olay’s Sensitive Body Wash is unscented, allowing your new spring fragrance to be the star. It’s also fab if you are rocking sensitive skin as it doesn’t irritate and it provides epic amounts of moisture.
7. Stock up on bottles of cooling mist facial spray
8. Don’t forget your SPF
9. Sharpen your razor. Winter is over, it’s time to shave those legs!
10. Lighten your base. Layers of foundation, concealer, and power are too much when the temperature rises. Opt for a tinted moisturizer instead.
11. Waterproof yourself. When the temperature rises mascara can suddenly just slide off your face. Waterproof mascara will be your spring best friend.
12. Setting spray for the win. NYX makes a great one that helps keep your makeup in place on a hot spring/ summer day.
Now there’s a new body wash that gently cleanses sensitive skin and provides long-lasting moisture. Olay introduces Sensitive Body Wash, a soap-free, dye-free, and unscented formula that is as gentle to skin as water. Olay Sensitive Body Wash contains one jar of Olay moisturizers, and the creamy formula penetrates deeply to visibly relieve dry skin after five days.
Disclosure of compensation: Compensation was provided by Olay via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Olay.